When this award nomination popped into my Inbox yesterday, it made me smile. So thanks, Rachel Carrera for thinking of me! I’ve been blogging a year and I’d love to be selected for the WordPress ‘Freshly Pressed’ feed on my Reader page. But it remains something of a mystery to me. Click here to visit Rachel’s blog to read about her novel The Prison.
What do I have to do to be Freshly Pressed?
– Shower more often?
– Iron my clothes more carefully?
– Pay Someone [a Very Important Person at WordPress, obviously]?
– Make a chocolate cake for Someone? [ref. ‘Someone’, see above] – Like every single post on Someone’s blog [ditto] – Write about sex, religion, babies or Miley Cyrus? [never going to happen] – Know Someone, who knows Someone, who knows Someone important at WordPress? [I definitely don’t]
Or is Freshly Pressed selected at random by computer. Does anyone out there know? If so, please tell me!
I’d love to be Freshly Pressed because, as Rachel says, the extra readership would be fantastic. I clicked on one of the stories at random on today’s feed, and it had 128 likes. 128! I continue to dream …and carry on posting, thankful for you all who read and like my blog. THANK YOU! And I promise to shower more, plus take a lovely soak in the bath every evening!
I am nominating one blog for this award, poet Miranda Stone. Her blog, click here, is beautiful, as are the photographs she uses to accompany her poems. Her poetry has been published in print and online. She thinks deeply about the human state. Not only are her poems thoughtful and sensitive but Miranda’s comments on writing [and those she leaves on my blog about my own writing] are always considered and constructive.
With awards, there are always rules. So here they are:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the “I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed Award”.
2. Write a blog post and tell us the blog(s) you have chosen (there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required) and “present” the blog(s) with their award.
3. Include in your blog post a paragraph about why you’d like to be on WordPress’ Freshly Pressed OR a paragraph on why you couldn’t care less about Freshly Pressed. Up to you …
4. Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them. (Please don’t alter the instructions or the badge!)
5. Come over and say hello to the originator of the “The I’m NOT Featured On Freshly Pressed Award” via this link:
6. And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award, and then PROUDLY display the award on your blog.
7. If you ever do get officially “Freshly Pressed” then take down this award badge and display the official “Freshly Pressed” badge instead.